Thanks for your interest in Houzz! We cover innovative new residential architecture, interior design and landscape projects of all sizes and styles from around the world.
The Houzz editorial team reviews new home design photos as they come in. (It’s one of the best perks of the job!) The team then writes featured ideabooks on those we think will resonate most with the community. Featured ideabooks are independent editorial: They are not paid placements or written in exchange for products, advertising or services.
To submit a project for consideration as an editorial feature, first upload your photos to your Houzz profile (start here).
Houzz is looking for:
- Innovative homes and remodels completed within the past year.
- Homes of all sizes, especially small to medium-size homes, apartments and gardens built or renovated on a budget. Please point out inventive solutions, clever cost-cutting methods, sustainable materials and well-considered splurges.
- Furnished spaces. Readers love to see homes as they were meant to be lived in.
- Before and after photos. We love to see room makeovers and smaller projects that show the design process from start to finish.
- Budget info. Special consideration will be given to projects that can include an estimated overall budget, cost per square foot or cost for special details. Some costs may be more or less than people may think — this information helps advance homeowners’ understanding of when they may be ready to take on a similar project.
- High-resolution, clear, well-lit photos. Set your camera to capture images at least 2,400 pixels wide. Hire a pro — or get out the tripod and lights, hold that camera steady and capture a good angle! We want to show your project at its best.
Once your photos are uploaded with a description and the completion date, send your uploaded project link and a description to: email@example.com. We will review each request and contact you if we decide to move ahead with an interview. Please be specific and indicate one of the following in the subject line:
- Kitchen project
- Landscape project
- Professional remodel